Friday 21 December 2012

Drink: 3 Ovens, 11 women and 989 cookies

I've been participating in cookie swaps for the past 7 or 8 years. Often, both my husband and I participate in  swaps with our co-workers, which usually means about 12 dozen cookies! Chatting with my neighbour (the best one ever!! Our surrogate parents/grandparents.......the kind that leave food in your fridge when you are away so you don't have to cook when you return)
Anyway, we were at a church breakfast (love country living) and came up with the idea of doing a cookie swap, where we all gather together and do our baking! So, we booked the church kitchen, invited a few of our friends, and before we knew it we had 11 ladies signed up!
The kids ran, crafted and played while we baked and then packaged up our goodies.
I'm already planning next years.....and maybe a dinner club in the meantime.
Anyway, I did not get any recipes to share, and Shawn is not ready to go public with his ginger snap recipe (which I sadly did not execute as well as he does) BUT I will leave you with this yummy Christmas Tea recipe I came across in yes, a magazine about food:)

Christmas Tea
8 cups boiling water
16 chai tea bags
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup spiced rum
1/2 cup vanilla vodka
2 cans condensed milk

Pour the water into your crock pot over tea bags (If they have strings, leave them hanging out for easy retrieval) Let steep for 10 minutes. Remove tea bags, add rum, vodka and cinnamon sticks. Let cook on low for 2 hours. Stir in milk and serve! Serves about 10 mugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment